Quick & Easy Vietnamese Spring Rolls & A to Z Pinot Gris
- 10 rice paper wrappers, with hot water on the side for dipping them in
- 2 cups of rice vermicelli, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup of shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 2-inch long spears, about 1/4 inch wide
- 5 green onions, sliced in half
- 20 sprigs of cilantro
- 20 mint leaves
Ingredients for Sauce
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce or chili garlic paste
- Dip one wrapper in hot water until it becomes translucent and soft. Place it on a clean surface and then put about 2 tbsp of noodles, 1 tbsp of chicken, half a green onion and two sprigs each of cilantro and min in a row across the center, leaving about two inches. The fillings should be in the center of the wrapper. Don’t overstuff the roll or it will be hard to wrap. Fold the sides in, then roll the wrapper as tightly as possible.
- In a small bowl, mix the sauce ingredients, thinning it out with a little water if it’s too thick.
- Serve chilled with a bottle of A to Z Pinot Gris.