Combining Commerce with Conscience
As a Certified B Corp winery, A to Z Wineworks is committed to doing business in ways that are environmentally, socially, and economically responsible. From the start in the founder’s kitchen to becoming Oregon’s top-selling wine brand, A to Z Wineworks has been on a mission to offer dependable, quality wine accessible for all. We try to remember what our mothers taught us, to “leave places better than you found them.” We work to conduct commerce with conscience with everyone: our best partners, those who make and drink our wine, our community.
Business should be conducted as if people and places matter.
- We try to do no harm and benefit all with our wine, our practices, and our profits.
- We understand we are dependent on one another and accept responsibility for each other and future generations.
- We believe in a shared and durable prosperity that will result from an inclusive economy.
- We believe that everyone is entitled to live with dignity, to be treated with respect, to support themselves and their families, and to make a contribution to their communities.
- We believe in shared leadership and true collaboration because we are stronger and better together.
- We believe in continuous improvement and in living and demonstrating our values.
Working together, we can make a meaningful difference.
We’re proud to be a Certified B Corporation since 2014 - at the time, the only B Corp in the wine industry. B Corps change their legal language to take into account all of their stakeholders. Rigorous assessment by the non-profit B Lab verifies performance standards for social and environmental accountability and transparency. As we continue producing high-quality wine, our company commitment to these standards grows more important.
“We have always tried to model best practices and be a best partner in all of our dealings. As we continue to grow economically, we can also now, through B Lab, measure our improvement in environmental and social practices. The bigger we get, the more good we can do, the more opportunities for our employees, and the more visibility for our model. We hope to inspire businesses in the wine industry and beyond to compete not only to be the best in the world, but to be the best for the world.”
– Deb Hatcher, Founder
Certified B Corporation
Powered By Wind
Business with Intention
B Corps work to be sustainable, healthy businesses bringing good to their workers, the community, and the environment. We aim to be a leader in this regard in the wine industry while maintaining our commitment to quality wine.
We’re committed to be a rigorous, successful business. We believe in transparency and that a successful business can do good in the world. More resources can deliver higher quality and bring opportunities. That is, bigger can be better.
As we conduct business, we focus on leaving a place better than we found it, through healthy ecosystems, with attention to detail, and through research and innovative technology.
Our goal is to build a safe and stimulating community by working with multiple community organizations to make a difference in the arts, education, access to healthcare, and social justice.